around here, things are a special kind of crazy!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mommy Time

Since Pug went out last night, I had some mommy time today. Rose and I had intended to visit a tea house here in town, but they were closed for a private party. Instead we wound up at a local Italian place and caught up on each other's gossip and reading lists. It was really great to get out with her and just hang out for a while.

After lunch I joined Pug and Pon at the pool, where we enjoyed a solid hour of jumping in and splashing around. In the early evening we went grocery shopping for everything we'll need for this week. We went over budget as I needed a few stock items, like vegetable oil and brown sugar, and a few items I haven't ever bought before, like wonton wrappers. For sneak peaks of the meals and desserts I'm planning on making this week, check here, here, here, here, here and here. I'm really excited about trying them all and reporting the results to you. There will be a few staple recipes, and I'm making the buffalo chicken calzone again, so look forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?