around here, things are a special kind of crazy!

Saturday, July 09, 2011

Blast from the Past

Today we went to the library. I'm not going to lie, I've lived in this town for 5 years this month and today was the first time I'd ever set foot in the local library. I've been to one down the road that hosts toddler-friendly activities a few times, but never the one less than 5 minutes from me. In fact, I don't even have a library card. My 15 year old self is ashamed because my first job was a as a library page (the non-librarian people who re-shelve the books, not a bound sheet of paper). Anyway, while there, I found this treasure on sale for $0.75:

I've never tried to hide my nerdiness.
I have great memories of the "Little House" series. Lala read the books aloud to me and Mei-mei while Superfly was in speech therapy for an hour twice a week when I was 7 or 8. The four of us would watch reruns of the Michael Landon show together even through high school. I still have a boxed set of the books, and we once owned part of season one on vhs. So finding a "Little House" anything for such a low price was pretty much a pleasant trip down memory lane and buying it was a no brainer. It being a cookbook is just an added bonus, considering my addiction to them. There are a few recipes I will never use like "Blackbird Pie". There are others I am excited to try, or at least read about. "Molasses on Snow Candy" was the one treat from the books that always stood out in my mind. And that recipe is in this book. NC usually doesn't get enough snow for me to try this out, but I'll bookmark it for that freak storm, just in case. Or, you know, make my own.

As I mentioned yesterday, we went bowling today. We had two lanes so we put the men on one and the ladies on the other. In two games I totaled less than 130. I came in dead last in the first game and second to last in the next. Clearly, I am not a bowler... We all had lots of fun though, and Pon had a friend there to play with so he was mostly well behaved. Then both boys got tired and a little fussy. Pon even started to doze off on the very short ride home.  Until we entered the apartment. He's still literally bouncing off the walls. Hopefully he falls asleep soon though, both mommy and daddy are ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?