around here, things are a special kind of crazy!

Saturday, July 09, 2011

Minced Chicken and Green Beans

Dinner tonight came together fairly quickly, and Pug loved it.

I really need to start using a real camera and not my phone...
 Mincing the chicken took the longest portion of this whole meal. I minced 8 tenderloins and dumped it all into the chef's pan. Before turning on the heat I added soy sauce twice around the pan, honey once, a cap full of apple cider vinegar, a squirt of siracha sauce, and a sprinkling each of black pepper, celery salt, garlic powder and powdered ginger. Stir and cook on medium high until chicken is no longer pink. Toss in a bag of "fancy" frozen green beans, cover, and let cook for 8-10 minutes, stir, and cover again for 5 or so minutes, until the green beans are hot. Serve over rice. The menu I wrote for this week also called for me to make egg drop soup as a side but I didn't feel like making another dish I wasn't going to eat tonight, so maybe we'll have it for lunch sometime this weekend.

My dinner.

I still felt pretty crummy all day today so I just ate a bowl of plain white rice. Two hours later I had a piece of toast with a peanut butter, nutella, and applesauce mixture on it. It was delicious. Probably because it was the first sweet and protein-y food that hadn't made me feel super sick immediately afterwards in two days. And, again, it's been two days, so hopefully I'm over this stupid stomach thing now. Especially since we're supposed to go bowling with a bunch of people from Pug's work tomorrow. Yay Bowling Alley Food on an already queasy tummy! Even though BA chili cheese fries are, in fact, the key to peace on earth. Go ahead, eat some. Prove me wrong!

I'm looking forward to Family Fun Times this weekend. Pug works every other weekend, and I was sick on Thursday so he and Pon went out and had fun without me. I'm planning on making breakfast quesadillas in the morning, so I guess I'd better get to bed. I hope you all have a lovely weekend doing the things you enjoy with the people you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?