around here, things are a special kind of crazy!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Lazy Days of Summer

Pug closed again today so we slept in, then he made us breakfast of leftover english muffins and fried eggs. Once again Pon and I went to the pool as soon as Pug left for work, and stayed for an hour. Cartoons during lunch ("Dora Soup" for Pon and yesterday's leftovers for me) followed by a two hour nap, more cartoons and chores before hitting the pool again for another hour and a half before dinner. Tonight I made jalapeno chicken, based on an AllRecipes app find from forever ago.

"It tastes jamaican jerk inspired with an asian twist!" ~Pug
Jalapeno Chicken adapted from AllRecipes.com

4 jalapenos, capped and seeded if desired
4 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp coarse salt
1 Tbsp oregano (I used italian seasoning)
1/4 C lime juice (I used a little more as I wanted to finish off a bottle)
8 chicken tenders

Finely mince the jalapeƱos. Combine with all other ingredients in a large ziptop bag or covered dish. Marinade for 8 hours or overnight (I ended up marinading my chicken for almost 30 hours) turning occasionally. Remove chicken from bag and sautee, bake or grill until done, discard marinade.

I served my chicken with white rice and green beans sauteed with 2 Tbsp butter, 1 Tbsp garlic powder and 1/4 C soy sauce. It was a tasty meal, although next time I think I'll only deseed two peppers rather than three for a little more oof.

Also, while stumbling about the internet today, I found this:

How perfect is that?



No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?