around here, things are a special kind of crazy!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Family Day

Pug was off today, so we had a family day. We took Pon to the Bounce House, the pool, and to dinner with RC and Heydew. For lunch I made pizza puffs. I over baked them a bit, but they were still pretty good. I didn't take any pictures. Pug said they tasted like cheddar biscuits and liked them, but said he wouldn't beg for me to make them again if we had extra pepperoni laying around. I used my regular sized muffin pan to bake them in, and used my cookie scoop to portion it out. This batter made 4 "full sized" (2 scoop) puffs and 8 half puffs.

Pizza Puffs adapted from Noble Pig

3/4 C flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 C whole milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 C italian blend cheese, or your choice
I package pepperoni- I used the minis, because they were on sale and adorable
dash italian seasoning
sprinkle of parmesan cheese

Mix together the flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the pepperoni, cheese, italian seasoning and parmesan. Let sit 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a muffin tin. Stir batter lightly and spoon evenly into muffin tin. Bake 15-20 minutes. Let cool 5-10 minutes (depending on age of recipients) and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?