around here, things are a special kind of crazy!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Garlic Lemon Pepper Chicken and Pasta

Pug has the weekend off and so far we've enjoyed a ton of fun family time. Today we also had to grocery shop and did fairly well, splitting the trip between Aldi and Target and using coupons when we could. Only 6 dollars over budget and we got a few extras like paper towels and lean cuisine lunches for Pug. We bought them as part of the "big" grocery run because I found a coupon for $1 off 4 and the were already pretty cheap at Target.

Did you know you can narrow down a Google search for printable coupons by time? I just typed in "lean cuisine coupons" and clicked "last 24 hours" in the sidebar. There's also buttons for last week, last two weeks, last month, and last year. I'm so glad I figured that out last night because all of the stuff on the first page of hits was at least six months old and therefore expired.

Woot woot frugality!

After grocery shopping and a frozen pizza for lunch Pug went out with RC and played MTG while Pon and I napped. When Heydew got off work we all went to the pool for about an hour and a half, then came home and I made dinner. I made The Angry Chef's Garlicky Lemon Pepper Chicken from The Hungry Mouse and oh, man, was it tasty! I could never hope to match the clear instructions or beautiful step by step photos, so just click on that link for the recipe. You won't be disappointed. My only changes were to substitute regular garlic for the elephant garlic and italian seasoning for  both the oregano and parsley. I served the chicken over a bed of butter-parmesan-pepper bowties, and we were all quite stuffed by the end of the meal. I also managed to make exactly the right amount of food for all five of us! No left overs and nobody left hungry! I think that's probably the first time I've ever managed that.

Family fun times continue tomorrow with a big breakfast, light lunch, and dinner and sprinkler fun at some friends' new house. I'm excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?