around here, things are a special kind of crazy!

Friday, August 26, 2011

Sometimes You Just Need a Small Batch of Cookies

My phone is being dumb and not letting me email the pictures I took to myself, so for that I apologize. But you should still try these cookies. They're awesome! And, with my substitution, totally safe to eat in dough form with your toddler soux chef!

The recipe I followed from Bakergirl claim this recipe make cookies for two, but they're ginormous. I made normal sized cookies using my cookie scoop and it produced a batch of nine.

Cookies for a Few adapted from Bakergirl

1/4 C + 1 Tbls flour
2 Tbls brown sugar
1 Tbls granulated sugar
1/8 tsp* baking soda (I don't know about you, but my measuring spoons don't go down that small. So I just eyeball half of 1/4)
Pinch salt
Pinch cinnamon
2 Tbls shortening (or butter or margarine)
2 Tbls peanut butter
1 Tbls applesauce* the original recipe calls for scrambled egg, but I didn't want to waste the rest of the egg. And, since Pon was "helping" applesauce seemed a no brainer substitute.
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 C chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl until well blended. Drop dough onto cookie sheet in 1 Tbls sized balls and bake for 8-10 minutes. Or, divide dough into fourths, shape into balls and bake for 10-13 minutes.


These really are super easy, quick, and customizable. In my version I added the peanut butter and subbed applesauce in for egg.  Make them your own, but just make them whenever you have that it's-midnight-and-I-need-sugar-before-I-strangle-somebody-but-I-don't-want-to-leave-any-evidence feeling. You know the one. Don't even pretend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?