around here, things are a special kind of crazy!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Chicken Enchilada Soup with Homemade Tortillas

Sadly the picture I took of it didn't come out looking at all appealing, so you'll just have to take my word on how delectable a meal it was.  Given it was the day before grocery shopping and that we're fairly veggie wussy, I left out the onions, bell peppers and cheese. The soup was originally a slow cooker recipe, but I cooked it on the stove top at a medium low setting, covered for an hour and a half. The garnish I made by roasting corn and minced jalapeno, though the original salsa recipe looks pretty good too. The tortillas were ridiculously easy. They were fantastic plain and fresh off the skillet, and out of this world dipped in the soup. Top it all with a dollop of sour cream and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?