around here, things are a special kind of crazy!

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Walrus Cupcakes

You would think that a recipe entitled "Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes" wouldn't turn out looking like these:

Totally looks like 12 walrus heads

Seriously, it's uncanny the resemblance!
 I followed the recipe! There's even a notation for using soured milk in place of the called for buttermilk, so I used her measurements rather than my usual 1T vinegar per 1C whole milk. Still the vinegar and baking soda reacted and made a mess of my oven.

At least they tasted good.

I frosted them with this chocolate cream cheese frosting. The frosting was absolutely fantastic, and I will definitely use it again. And maybe I'll even make the cupcakes again, but only if I happen to have real buttermilk.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting  from evil shenanigans 
*I changed absolutely nothing
1 stick butter, room temperature
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 C powdered sugar
1/2 C dutch cocoa powder

Beat together the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the vanilla. Slowly beat in the sugar and cocoa until fully incorporated and smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?