around here, things are a special kind of crazy!

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Cashew Chicken



Back when I was a veggie hating kid, and my mom indulged me enough to order it, my favorite chinese food was cashew chicken. I honestly thought that was the entirety of the dish, cashews and diced chicken in a salty sweet sauce, white rice optional. Now that I'm a grown-up (and I use the term loosely here) I haven't really ordered cashew chicken out, but I know that there are a larger variety of diced veggies involved. I was thrilled, however, to find this recipe at Adora's Box that was reminiscent of my childhood version of the dish.

I made a few changes, due to my lacking two ingredients and not thoroughly reading the directions. I substituted regular vegetable oil for the sesame oil, increased the soy sauce and omitted the oyster sauce, and used corn starch instead of flour in the second set of instructions because I don't pay attention sometimes. Then I added some sauteed broccoli because I no longer hate veggies and I do occasionally attempt to eat some healthy things. It was still very good and I even got seconds.

If you love (or even just like) asian food you should definitely check out Adora's Box. She has tons of amazing recipes with easy to follow instructions. I seriously have four more of her recipes bookmarked in my "dinners" folder.

She claims all rights to the recipe, so head on over there if you want to make it yourself. I highly recommend that you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?